Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oregon was beautiful!

Barrett and I had the pleasure of escaping to Oregon to visit our wonderful and very missed kids Ashley & Johnny this past weekend. (and of course that more than delicious little of boy of theirs JJ, My bug!!) We had such a wonderful time, we spent Friday afternoon with Ashley and JJ at the Air museum, and oh did we have some laughs. JJ loved the airplanes and even had the opportunity of climbing into one of the old plane cockpits, I have posted a little video of JJ's little moment, he was enjoying the old 50s' music. On Saturday we made our way out to the beach and the Tillamook dairy. The beach was definitely a highlight in our trip... JJ sure loves the "waddy." Johnny, being a very perceptive daddy, knew that even in cold weather, it would be hard not to let JJ get in the water, so he bought a little wet suit to keep him warm. Oh wow that little boy had a ton of fun. Johnny was so cute helping JJ to surf with his little paddle board and we all helped him find sand crabs. Barrett and JJ spent some quality time doing some male bonding, by wrestling on the floor, on Sunday afternoon, I wish I had been able to get more pictures of that...Barrett missed out on a lot of the ruff housing little boy stuff, being a father of three little girls. Well all in all we had a really great time and we sure appreciate Johnny and Ash for letting us come for a visit. Thanks guys!!



1 comments:

Julie said...

How fun. I am so glad that you all got to go up there. I am sure Johnny and Ashley loved having you too! Are you going to be going up there when the baby is born? Okay, I know, dumb question. I wish I could go. Maybe some day.